Wednesday 4 February 2009

Thank god for snow..

02/02/09 - I woke up to quite a fair bit of snow.. so i headed out as soon as i could, I love shooting in snow - its dead good.

I was only out for an hour or so but the weather changes were incredible. blue sky and white puffy clouds to blizzards with very low visibility, you cant predict it at all. I only photographed local areas, but it was surreal to see paths, plants, grass all blend into one another.

One of my photographs is in the style of Michael Kenna who is one of my favourite photographers - most of his work is very minimalistic in that he has a snow scene with a small area of woodland, or a telegraph pole to break up the emptiness. His work is incredibly technical and i wish i was able to create photographs with in film like he does.


1 comment:

Adam Matheson said...

You have good taste in admiring Kenna's work, his minimalist landscapes are awe-inspiring.